The apparatus consists of a case containing a stainless steel bath and supporting precision flowmeters. The bath is equipped with a stainless steel cover with holes for the introduction of the evaporation cells.
- ASTM D 972 - IP 183
This apparatus covers the determination of the loss in mass by evaporation of lubricating greases and oils for applications where evaporation loss is a factor.
The loss of volatile materials from greases and oils can adversely effect the original performance characteristics of a lubricant and therefore could be a significant factor in evaluating a lubricant for a specific use. Such volatiles can also be considered contaminants in the environment in which the lubricant is to be used.
- Built-in digital thermometer 0.1°C accuracy.
- Test range: from ambient up to 160°C.
- 2 samples
- Enamel finished benchtop steel case.
- Stainless steel bath with drain valve. High efficiency thermal insulation.
- Electric stirrer with stainless steel shaft and propeller.
- Stainless steel heaters.
- Stainless steel cell support.
- High precision flowmeters with needle valve and complete with calibration certificate for a flow
rate of 2 l/min.
- Air filter containing glass wool.
- Microprocessor thermoregulator with PID action.
- Probe: Pt100 RTD.
- Safety device against overheating and low-level.
- English written user manual.
- For 220 V/50 Hz connection. Power consumption 2000 W.
- Dimensions (l x w x h): mm 800 x 400 x 700 approx. Weight: kg 45 approx. (four-unit version).
- CE marked.
- Version with mass flow controller and software also available.
- 2 samples