The apparatus consists of a benchtop frame supporting the 1000 mm U-tube manometer,
a regulating valve, 1 m of 8 mm inside diameter brass tubing, a 250 ml cylinder and a 500 ml filtering flask with rubber stopper and outlet tube.
The apparatus can be used to check both cylindrical (Mott) and spherical (Norton) diffusers for maximum pore diameter and permeability.
ASTM D 892 - D 6082
- Enamel finished benchtop frame.
- Maximum pore diameter determination assembly consisting in a electrically powered piston that permits to raise the pressure at the prescribed rate of 50 Pa/min inside the diffuser when immersed in water or propan-2-ol. This device has been adopted since it is practically impossible to control the correct increase of pressure with a valve (50 mm of water column/min is a very small increase).
- One precision regulating valve for the permeability test. It permits to regulate the air pressure at 250 Pa in the diffuser circuit when the diffuser is connected to the wet test meter.
- One 1000 ml U-tube manometer mounted on a wooden support with adjustable mm scale.
- One 250 ml graduate cylinder.
- One 500 ml filtering flask with rubber stopper and air outlet tube . Hose connector for connection to the wet test meter.
- For 220V / 50Hz connection. Power consumption: 100 W approx.
- Dimensions (l x w x h): 500 x 300 x 1200 mm approx. Weight: 10 kg approx.
- Wet test meter not included.