The apparatus consists of a steel frame supporting two Pyrex jars with a cover that allows
to insert and fix two cylinders without necessity of any steel ring to avoid floatation,
four high precision flowmeters and a control box containing all the electronics.
ASTM D 892 - IP 146
Determination of the foaming characteristics of lubricating oils.
Temperature range: suitable for tests at 93,5°C
- Steel frame supporting two Pyrex jars, one for tests at 24 and one for tests at 93.5°C.
- Aluminium covers with two holes for the cylinders: locking clamps to hold the cylinders in position and thermometer jacket.
- Electrical bath stirrer on the jar cover.
- Stainless steel heaters.
- Stainless steel cooling coils: when connected to a cold water source, it permits to keep the bath temperature (24°C) prescribed in ASTM D 892 sequence 1.
- High precision variable area flowmeters complete with needle valves, supports and diffuser connections. Individual calibration certificates.
- Microprocessor thermoregulator with PID action and built-in digital display 0.1°C accuracy (one for each bath). Probe: Pt100 RTD.
- Safety devices against overheating and low level on both jars.
- Easy access control box.
- For 220V / 50Hz connections. Power consumption 2200 W.
- Dimensions (l x w x h): mm 1050 x 420 x 680. Weight: kg 60 approx.
- Version with mass flow controller and software also available.