The new JFTOT® 230 Mark IV Jet Fuel Thermal Oxidation Tester is a fully integrated bench-top instrument that, along with a visual or video tube rater, provides everything needed to safely study the thermal oxidation of any petroleum-based liquid fuel, particularly jet fuel.
The instrument is normally used in a batch mode where a fuel sample is held in a reservoir and pumped across a heated metal surface to a second reservoir.
The new JFTOT® IV has been significantly improved ergonomically to allow simplified set up and user-friendly operation through a touch-screen and menu-driven embedded computer. It has been designed with enhanced safety features to minimize exposure to fuel vapors.
- Enhances safety through reducing exposure to vapors and jet fuel, as well as enclosing the hot heater tube
- Simplifies operation with high levels of automation when running the analysis - monitoring flow waiting for completion of aeration step, and priming the pump are no long required to be done by the operator
- Improves productivity with 25% by reducing operator intervention by at least 2 hours per day or 728 hours per year (when running three tests per day)
- Meets international needs with a display that is available in multiple languages to accommodate an international audience
- Provides traceable results with the Intelligent Heater Tube (IHT)
- Stores the analysis data directly on the Intelligent Heater Tube, rather than only having a hard copy print out of the test
- Worldwide recognized industry leader with largest installed base
In full compliance with: ASTM D3241, IP323, ISO 6249
Used to measure the high temperature stability of gas turbine fuels. The instrument subjects the test fuel to conditions that can be related to those occurring in gas turbine engine fuel systems. The fuel is pumped at a fixed volumetric flow rate through a heated section containing an precisely machined aluminum tube after which fuel degradation products may deposit on around the outside of the heater tube or become trapped on a stainless steel filter.
- Built in printer
- User friendly touch screen
- Sample Capacity: 600 mL or more
- Set Point Test Temperature Range: 180°C – 380°C ± 2°C
- Differential Pressure Range: 0 – 280 mm Hg (automatically bypassed at +250 mm Hg
- Operating System Pressure Range: 500 psig ± 10%
- Fuel Sample Flow Rate Range: 100 mL/min to 9.99 mL/min
- Flow Accuracy: ± 2%
- Pump: HPLC, Single Head, SS, Pulse dampened
- Temperature Range: 0°C to +500°C
- Test time range: 4 to 600 minutes
- Fuel aeration timer: 6 minutes
- Aeration flow rate: 1.5 l/min.
- Coolant flow rate: 38 l/h
- Voltage: 100 - 240VAC +/- 10%
- Connectivity: Network connection, printer connection, USB (2).
- Operating temperature: +10 to +35°C (ASTM D3241 test limited to +15 to 32°C)
- Humidity: 20% to 90% non-condensing
- Dimensions: 44 x 60 x 67 cm (W x D x H)
- Weight: 60 kg