The apparatus consists of a constant temperature bath capable to work in the range from -10 to 40 °C (thanks to a built-in cooling compressor) with an electrically powered tractor that pulls apart at a determined speed the two ends of two briquet specimens: the elongation is measured by means of a pointer on the tractor and a graduated scale fixed to the cover.
ASTM D 113, D 5976 - IP 32 - ISO 1208 – EN 13398, 13589, 13703
The ductility test gives a measure of adhesive property of bitumen and its ability to stretch.
Traction length: 50cm, 100cm or 150cm
Temperature range: -10°C to 40°C
• Enamel finished steel case, floor mounted with swiveling castors.
• Stainless steel bath thermally insulated: complete with drain valve.
• Chromium plated brass pump for adequate stirring of the liquid in the bath.
• Stainless steel heater.
• Microprocessor thermoregulator with PID action.
• built-in digital display 0.1°C accuracy. Probe: Pt100 RTD.
• Safety device against overheating and low level with alarm lamp.
• Built-in hermetic cooling compressor: CFC/HCFC-free gas.
• Acrylic hinged cover providing a clear view of the inside.
• Traction carriage with two-speed motor for 10 and 50 mm/min
• Automatic stop safety switch
• White bath bottom for a more clear vision of the elongated specimen
• Easy access control box containing all the electronics
• For 220 V/50 Hz connections: 1800 W power consumption.